1. Each shoot will have two (2) divisions:
a. JUNIOR DIVISION (grades 5 - 8) -
FOUR YEARS MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION
b. SENIOR DIVISION (grades 9 - 12) -
FOUR YEARS MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION
2. JUNIOR DIVISION will consist of one (1) event of 50 sixteen yardage targets
3. SENIOR DIVISION will consist of two (2) events:
a. 50 sixteen yardage targets
b. 50 handicap yardage targets - yardage determined by dividing sixteen yardage score by two (2) rounded up.
4. Scoreboards must be kept in plain sight of the shooters and coaches
5. Awards are the responsibility of MNTC
6. CASH AWARDS MAY NOT BE MADE DIRECTLY TO SHOOTERS
7. Each Conference Shoot will have an entry form that must be signed by a Coach, Sponsor, or, school official before the shooter(s) may participate.
8. EYE AND EAR PROTECTION ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN BY ALL SHOOTERS WHILE SHOOTING AT CONFERENCE SHOOTS. ANY SHOOTER OBSERVED NOT WEARING EYE AND/OR EAR PROTECTION WILL BE INFORMED TO GET EYE AND/OR EAR PROTECTION OR BE REMOVED FROM COMPETITION UNTIL EYE AND/OR EAR PROTECTION IS SECURED.
9. THE USE OF DRUGS, ALCOHOL AND/OR TOBACCO PRODUCTS BY STUDENTS AT CONFERENCE SHOOTS IS PROHIBITED.
GENERAL RULES FOR CONFERENCE ELIGIBILITY:
10. Each shooter's name must be on an official Conference ELIGIBILITY ROSTER form filed with the Conference before their scores will be recorded for ALL CONFERENCE consideration. ELIGIBILITY ROSTERS ARE TO BE TURNED IN TO THE CONFERENCE STATISTICIAN ON OR BEFORE THE SHOOTER'S FIRST SHOOT. SCORES SHOT BEFORE THE ELIGIBILITY ROSTER IS FILED WILL NOT BE COUNTED!!
11. Shooters attending a school that does not offer trapshooting, but, would like to compete with another school that does, may transfer their eligibility by filing an ELIGIBILITY ROSTER with that Team. Indicate on a separate form for each school from which students are transferring their eligibility, that this is a "TRANSFER OF ELIGIBILITY", get it signed by the appropriate school official, and, submit it with the regular ROSTERS. Once a shooter transfers their eligibility to a team, they must shoot with that team unless they have a change of status, such as attending a different school or moving from the junior division to the senior division.
NOTE: SHOOTERS THAT HAVE TRANSFERRED THEIR ELIGIBILITY TO ANOTHER TEAM AND THEN ATTEND A SCHOOL THAT BEGINS A TRAPSHOOTING TEAM AFTER THEIR ELIGIBILITY TRANSFER, MAY CHOOSE TO SHOOT WITH THE TEAM THEY PREVIOUSLY TRANSFERRED ELIGIBILITY TO OR SHOOT WITH THE TEAM FROM THEIR SCHOOL.
12. Shooters attending Home Based Schools are required to attach a copy of the Nebraska Department of Education letter granting approval under Department of Education "Rule 13".
13. THE COMPLETION OF YOUNG HUNTER SAFETY TRAINING BY ALL SHOOTERS IS MANDATORY BEFORE THEY WILL BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE AT CONFERENCE SHOOTS. ENTER THE CERTIFICATION NUMBER ON THE "ELIGIBILITY ROSTER". INDICATE THE STATE FOR ANY NON-NEBRASKA CERTIFICATION NUMBERS.
14. SHOOTERS MUST BE ENROLLED IN SCHOOL AT TIME OF PARTICIPATION. STUDENTS WHO GRADUATE OR COMPLETE GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS MID TERM AND OPT TO NOT ATTEND REGULAR HIGH SCHOOL CLASSES SHALL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE.
MID-NEBRASKA TRAPSHOOTING CONFERENCE
Section 1. The name of the organization is Mid-Nebraska Tr
apshooting Conference of Nebraska, hereinafter called “the Conference”.
PURPOSE The Conference is organized to provide competition in trapshooting to Junior and Senior High School students while at the same time instilling the notion of respect and responsibility by advocating the values of “Sportsmanship, Academics and Citizenship”.
Section 1. MEMBERSHIP TYPES: The Conference shall have four (4) groups of members: Directors, Officers, Coaches, and Participants.
Section 2. MEMBERSHIP YEAR: The membership year shall start the first day of January and continue through the last day of December.
Section 3. MEMBERSHIP DUES: The amount of the annual membership dues shall be set by the Board of Directors.
Section 1. NUMBER: The Board of Directors shall hold one (1) regular meeting each year, an annual meeting.
Section 2. SPECIAL MEETINGS: Special meetings of the Board of Directors may be called by the President, or, by the request of a minimum of two (2) other Board of Directors.
Section 3. ANNUAL MEETING: The Board of Directors shall hold a meeting preceding the start of the Conference competition season to receive new duly elected/appointed members to the Board; to elect officers for the ensuing membership year; and, to conduct any business to come before it.
Section 4. QUORUM: The presence in person of a simple majority of the members of the Board of Directors shall constitute a quorum at a duly called regular or special meeting for the transaction of business.
Section 1. NUMBER The property, affairs, activities and concerns of the Conference shall be vested in a Board of Directors, consisting of one (1) Director from each registered Team / School / 4-H Club participating in this Conference. The members of the Board shall, upon election, at the beginning of the ensuing membership year, enter upon the performance of their duties and shall continue until their successors shall be duly elected and qualified.
Section 2. ELECTION: The Board of Directors shall elect all Conference officers based on the rules set for by this duly adopted set of by-laws.
Section 3. TERM: All Directors duly elected/appointed shall serve until their successors are duly elected/appointed and qualified.
Section 4. MANNER OF ACTING: The act of a majority of the Directors present at a meeting at which a quorum is present shall be the act of the Board of Directors.
Section 5. COMPENSATION: Directors as such shall not receive compensation for their services. Any Director may receive compensation from the Conference for serving in any other capacity, or, may be reimbursed for expenditures made by them on behalf of the Conference.
Section 6. VACANCIES: Any vacancies on the Board of Directors shall be filled by the Director(s) from a nominated list of representatives from which the vacant position was represented.
Section 7. ALTERNATES: Each Director may designate an alternate. Alternates may attend all meetings, however, shall only have voting rights in the absence of their Director.
Section 8. EXPULSION: Directors may not serve if convicted of a felony. Directors are also subject to expulsion for failure to pay membership dues, and/or to attend two (2) consecutive meeting.
Section 1. NUMBER: The Officers of the Board of Directors shall be a President, a First Vice President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer. Officers may be elected from outside of the Board of Directors and as such, shall serve for a period of two (2) years.